Whether it’s a small get together with close friends or a large affair, adding a theme to any party, no matter how how simple can help make it more memorable. Below are 5 fun summer party ideas for when you want to throw a party your friends will never forget.
Do you have a favorite theme for summer parties?
1. Ugly Hawaiian Shirt Party: We have all heard of ugly sweater parties during the holidays, so why not make the party a luau and ask everyone to wear their favorite Hawaiian print. The uglier the better.
2. Outdoor Movie Party: Set up a projector outside, make some popcorn, share your favorite movie candies, put out some blankets, pillows and chairs and voila, you have yourself an outdoor movie theater.
3. Beach Party: If you don’t live close to a beach there is no reason you can’t bring one to your home. Get a tarp and cover it with play sand, add sea shells, a few kiddie pools and bam, you have yourself a mini beach.
4. Relive Your Youth: Was there a party you always wanted when you were young, but never got? Whether you dreamed of a bounce house, a petting zoo, a ball pit or all of the above make it happen now. Finish it off with food and drinks you loved when you were a child and have fun reminiscing about the “good ole days”.
5. Lobster Bake: Break out everything nautical, personalize some lobster bibs and grill lobsters, corn, clams, potatoes or whatever you love with your seafood and throw your very own lobsterfest!