As you would probably guess Mother’s Day is one of the busiest days for florists. Flowers are one of the most traditional gifts to give to mom and they are an easy gift to show your appreciation even when you are miles away. I checked a few websites to find the top 5 flowers given on Mother’s Day and they are below as well as the meaning behind each flower.
Do you give your mom flowers on Mother’s Day?
1. Roses There are many different colors of roses and each color conveys a different meaning. If you want to send a message of gratitude send your loved one a mature bouquet of roses. When you want to show devotion yellow roses are a great choice where as white roses are a sign of virtue. A light pink rose symbolizes youth, grace in a medium pink hue and gratitude in a dark pink color.
2. Tulips A tulip bouquet represents elegance and grace. Red tulips are usually associated with love, while purple symbolize royalty. Pink tulips signify caring where as yellow tulips bring a message of cheerful thoughts.
3. Lilies Different types of lilies are found around the world and come in different shapes, sizes and colors. White lilies connote purity, the orange lily symbolizes passion and yellow signifies fun. The day lily is a perfect flower for Mother’s Day because it is the Chinese symbol for Mother, but don’t forget to include a cala lily because it stands for beauty.
4. Gerbera Daisies If you are looking for a very cheerful flower daisies are a great choice. Gerberas actually signify playfulness and happiness. They come in a myriad of colors and daisies are traditionally a symbol of beauty.
5. Orchids This exotic and magnificent flower represents love, luxury, beauty and strength. It is also the Chinese symbol for “many children” and was associated with virility in ancient Greece.