After attending the Sundance Film Festival for eight years I have seen it all and the people who haven’t attended the Festival or gone to a ski town before definitely stand out (and not in a good way). Since the Sundance Film Festival starts tomorrow I thought I should put together a packing list for those who want to look like a local or an experienced festival goer.
Is there something I forgot to add to the list?
1. Stylish Snow Boots: The last thing you want to do is wear stiletto pumps to the film festival or to a ski town in the winter. No matter where you are going you want to make sure you are warm and keep your feet dry, so make sure to wear comfortable, yet stylish boots to any event unless there is a fancier dress code noted on the invite. If you can’t find the right boots check out 6 Stylish Winter Boots to view some of my picks.
2. Cashmere Sweaters: You will get cold in Park City, so it’s important to pack pieces that are easy to layer, but are still luxurious. During the fest you never know who you are going to meet or what you are going to get into, so always be prepared for anything. Cashmere sweaters are nice because they are easy to wear under a jacket, they keep you warm and they are beautiful to wear on their own.
3. Accessories for the Cold Weather: Whether you are waiting in line to see your next film or party you want to make sure every part of you is covered. Make sure to pack hats, gloves, socks, scarves, ear muffs, etc. Accessories are an easy way to dress up any outfit and if you are in your bulky winter coat a fun accessory can help you feel a little more fashionable.
4. Cute, Warm Coat: When walking around Sundance you will see a lot of black, puffy coats. Yes, they keep you warm, but stand out from the crowd and wear a colorful coat that can do the same thing. Whether it’s down or wool make sure it protects you from the chilly weather and you feel good wearing it. You don’t want to pack too many coats in one suitcase, so find one you could wear to different events.
5. Faux Fur: Whether you want to wear faux or the real stuff it’s always a great layer at Sundance. You will see everyone wearing this because it keeps you warm and it’s easy to dress up, but still be casual at the same time. If you are looking for the right faux fur piece you can check out some of my favorites here 10 Faux Fur Pieces to Keep You Warm.