Black Friday is the busiest shopping day of the year and it can be difficult to navigate your way around the stores to find the best deals, so here are 5 tips to help you take advantage of those once a year sales.
What have you found to be helpful when shopping on Black Friday?
1. Make a List. Whether you’re shopping for yourself or for loved ones, you will be able to check more items off your list by doing your research and knowing which items you want to purchase ahead of time.
2. Use Apps to Find the Best Deals. Apps are one of the best features on our smart phones and there are many apps that will be useful on Black Friday. The best apps I found for Black Friday are TGI Black Friday and Shop Savvy.
3. Price Match with Prices Online. Many of the chain stores will price match, so why not use stores found on the internet to score the best deals without having to wait for it to ship. Amazon and Overstock are two online stores where you can find great deals year round and their prices only get better for Black Friday, so use those stores as additional stores to price match.
4. Make a Budget and Stick to It. A lot of people tend to overbuy when there are so many great deals because they think they are saving money, but if you don’t have the money to spend then you are not doing yourself a favor. Make sure to set a limit to what you want to spend and don’t go over it no matter how good of a deal it is.
5. Map Out the Stores you Want to go to. After you have made your list of what you would like to purchase make a list of where you would like to buy your gifts. By making a map of where you want to shop, you can narrow down the time spent at each store, so you will have solid game plan for the day. If you are a coupon er make sure to place them somewhere you won’t forget when you are ready to go shopping.
6. Bring snacks and water. With all of the shopping who has time to go find somewhere to eat? Don’t forget to stay hydrated and nourished throughout the day by bringing a little snack you can place in your bag or car. I always like to have a granola bar or piece of fruit in my bag in case I am in a situation where I need a little energy.
7. Use Credit Cards With Cash Rewards. If you are using credit cards to purchase gifts why not get some type of reward in return? If you are planning on making big purchases with a credit card go with the one that has the most rewards.
Shopping on Black Friday can be fun, but it’s definitely not for everyone. Luckily you can find more deals on Cyber Monday. There’s nothing better than shopping from the comfort of your own home without the hassle of standing in long lines and pushing your way through the crowds. Cyber Monday, which is on December 1st this year has amazing prices as well, so keep an eye out to see if any items on your list go on sale.
Photo: Neiman Marcus holiday book 2011