Did you know people have been celebrating Earth Day since 1970, making this year its 45th Anniversary? Our planet is so important and I feel a lot of people forget about what we need to do to take care of it. Earth Day is a good reminder to be more environmentally friendly and to give back to the planet that gives us so much. We should celebrate Earth Day every day, but here are 5 things you can do to show you care on April 22nd. After all of the hard work celebrate with a farm to table picnic using fresh produce, meats and cheeses from your garden or local farmers market.
What do you do to celebrate Earth Day?
1. Help launch a community garden
2. Volunteer at a local Earth Day cleanup
3. Be one with nature by taking a hike with a friend
4. Attend a local Earth Day festival
5. Be a part of the biggest grass-root effort in history by planting a seed/tree as a “give back” to Earth