The Oscars were brilliant last night! Neil Patrick Harris was a fantastic host and the fashion was not to be missed. I like to post quotes every Monday, so in honor of the Oscars I posted 10 of my favorite quotes from past Oscar winners.
Do you have a favorite moment from last nights Oscars?
“This is one night I wish I smoked and drank.”
– Grace Kelly, Best Actress, Academy Awards, 1955
“When they called my name, I had this feeling I could hear half of America going, ‘Oh no. Come on… Her, again?’ You know. But, whatever.”
– Meryl Streep, Best Actress, The Iron Lady, 2012
“Oscar and I have something in common. Oscar first came to Hollywood scene in 1928. So did I. We’re both a little weather-beaten, but we’re still here and plan to be around for a whole lot longer.”
– John Wayne, 1979 Academy Awards Honoree Who Passed Away 2 Months Later
“You’re only two years older than me, darling. Where have you been all my life?”
– Christopher Plummer, Best Supporting Actor, The Beginners, 2012 – at 82, he is the oldest Oscar winner ever.
“I just said to Matt [Damon], ‘Losing would suck and winning would be really scary.’ And it’s really, really scary.”
– Ben Affleck, Best Original Screenplay together with Matt Damon, Good Will Hunting, 1997
“I, uh…I have a television, so I’m going to spend some time here to tell you some things. [To orchestra conductor:] And, and…and sir, you’re doing a great job, but you’re so quick with that stick, so why don’t you sit. ‘Cause I may never be here again.”
– Julia Roberts, Best Actress, Erin Brockovich, 2000
“This is a terrible mistake, because I used up all of my English.”
– Roberto Benigni, after winning his second Oscar of the night for Life is Beautiful, 1999
“I just want to thank everybody I’ve ever met in my entire life.”
– Kim Basinger, Best Supporting Actress, L.A Confidential, 1997
“I don’t have a sense of entitlement or that I deserve this. You’d be surprised at the lack of competition between nominees – I think a lot of it’s imposed from the outside. Can I have my champagne now?”
– Cate Blanchett, Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role, The Aviator, 2004
“What a thrill. You know you’ve entered new territory when you realise that your outfit cost more than your film.”
– Jessica Yu, Best Short Subject Documentary for Breathing Lessons: The Life and Work of Mark O’Brien, 1997