If you are like me you have a closet full of clothes, but when you have plans for a night out on the town you have nothing to wear. When I am in a situation where I decide to go out last minute without planning my outfit one of my go to ensembles is a blazer, graphic tee, statement necklace, jeans and heels. It’s great for most situations because it’s not too dressy, but not too casual. Below are a bunch of blazers, statement necklaces and fun graphic tees for your next night out.
With all of the gorgeous looks from Fashion Week gracing my social media I thought I should check the Fall 2015 color report on www.Pantone.com. Not only is Marsala one of the top 10 colors for Spring 2015, but Pantone declared it to be the best lead color for women’s fashion in Fall 2015! Scroll down to see all of the colors Pantone has confirmed to be the colors for Fall 2015.
I love the color palette they chose and I can’t wait to wear more pink, or should I say Cashmere Rose next Fall. What is your favorite color for Fall 2015?
If you are like me your Instagram, emails, Facebook, etc. have been flooded with looks from Fashion Week. I am not complaining because I love watching the runway shows, seeing what everyone is wearing, knowing what will be the top trends for next fall and of course the models off duty. After looking at so many pictures of the fashionistas in New York I was inspired to come up with my own Model Off Duty look.
My husband and I were lucky enough to be a part of a gorgeous photo shoot with some very talented women. The photographer, D’arcy Benincosa is working on a series based on real couples and their weddings, so I wore my wedding dress and Mike wore his white suit. When we were married we chose a different color palette, so it was very fun to be styled very differently than our original pictures. A few photos from this stunning shoot are below, but if you would like to see the entire gallery you can go to Style Me Pretty.
What is your dream wedding?
Photographer: D’arcy Benincosa
Hair and Makeup: April Benincosa at Vintage Rouge
Gown: Augusta Jones, but redesigned by Mary Rino
Styling: Tiffany Blake Fox
Cake: Le Loup Cakery
Flowers: Rachel Osguthorpe
Location: Washington School House Inn in Park City, UT
The Seattle Seahawks and the New England Patriots are playing in the XLIX Superbowl this Sunday! I am not rooting for either team, but we are invited to a few Super Bowl parties, so I need to find a cute outfit to wear. Since I am not a big fan of the Hawks or the Pats I am going to wear something that can used for either team. The Seahawks colors are blue, green and silver and the Patriots colors are blue, white, red and silver, so below is a little outfit inspiration for either team. If you want to add a little color you can add some jewelry in the color of the team you want to win.
Are you more excited to watch the game or Katy Perry’s performance during the Half Time Show?
After attending the Sundance Film Festival for eight years I have seen it all and the people who haven’t attended the Festival or gone to a ski town before definitely stand out (and not in a good way). Since the Sundance Film Festival starts tomorrow I thought I should put together a packing list for those who want to look like a local or an experienced festival goer.
Is there something I forgot to add to the list?
1. Stylish Snow Boots: The last thing you want to do is wear stiletto pumps to the film festival or to a ski town in the winter. No matter where you are going you want to make sure you are warm and keep your feet dry, so make sure to wear comfortable, yet stylish boots to any event unless there is a fancier dress code noted on the invite. If you can’t find the right boots check out6 Stylish Winter Boots to view some of my picks.
2. Cashmere Sweaters: You will get cold in Park City, so it’s important to pack pieces that are easy to layer, but are still luxurious. During the fest you never know who you are going to meet or what you are going to get into, so always be prepared for anything. Cashmere sweaters are nice because they are easy to wear under a jacket, they keep you warm and they are beautiful to wear on their own.
3. Accessories for the Cold Weather: Whether you are waiting in line to see your next film or party you want to make sure every part of you is covered. Make sure to pack hats, gloves, socks, scarves, ear muffs, etc. Accessories are an easy way to dress up any outfit and if you are in your bulky winter coat a fun accessory can help you feel a little more fashionable.
4. Cute, Warm Coat: When walking around Sundance you will see a lot of black, puffy coats. Yes, they keep you warm, but stand out from the crowd and wear a colorful coat that can do the same thing. Whether it’s down or wool make sure it protects you from the chilly weather and you feel good wearing it. You don’t want to pack too many coats in one suitcase, so find one you could wear to different events.
5. Faux Fur: Whether you want to wear faux or the real stuff it’s always a great layer at Sundance. You will see everyone wearing this because it keeps you warm and it’s easy to dress up, but still be casual at the same time. If you are looking for the right faux fur piece you can check out some of my favorites here 10 Faux Fur Pieces to Keep You Warm.
I love faux fur in the winter. Not only does it keep you warm, but it’s stylish as well. Below are 10 faux fur pieces for those of you who like to wear a lot and for those who like just a touch of the furry stuff.
January seems to be one the wettest and coldest months of the year. With ski trips and the Sundance film festival coming up I am trying to find a boot that will keep by feet toasty warm while walking outside, but stylish enough that I could get away with wearing them out to dinner. Below are 6 boots I found that will help protect your feet from the cold and wet weather, but are still fashionable enough to wear for an evening out.
What type of shoes do you like to wear when you go out to dinner during the Winter?